Have you ever considered how to make your social media presence more powerful?
You’ve covered the basics; you post, you share, you like, you retweet, you add to your story, you tag and so on and so on.
But do you ever consider the best time to be posting?
It’s often the case that businesses post when and where they can without any consideration of whether their message will be seen most effectively.
This is understandable; you’re busy and social media can be a rabbit hole of time-consuming effort without necessarily seeing the immediate gratification of results.
This could simply be down to the fact you’re posting at the wrong time. And by this we mean the optimal hours in which your target audience uses social media.
It’s well worth doing a little research (all praise Google) to see when users are most active on various social media channels.
- The best times to post on Facebook are Wednesday at noon and 2 p.m. and Thursday at 1 and 2 p.m.
- Thursday is the best day to post on Facebook in the week.
- The safest times to post include weekdays from 10 a.m. to 3 p.m.
- Saturday has the least amount of engagement for Facebook in the week.
- Evenings and early mornings have the least amount of engagement in the day.
These stats vary from sector to sector, for example FMCG do best from midday to late afternoon on Fridays. That’s right, it seems no one in the office is working on Friday afternoon, they’re researching what they’re going to buy over the weekend…
The moral of the story is, do your homework. Stats are readily available and a few minutes of research could affect the success of your posting dramatically.